Come for an intimate writer’s retreat in the historic ghost town of Madrid, New Mexico. You’ll have time to work on your own project, get feedback, play with ideas, share resources, and reconnect with our writing friends. Arrive Thursday in time for dinner and explore the mining museum of Madrid, check out the galleries and listen to local live music sitting on the patio at the cantina bar. Friday we start in earnest, sitting around the communal table in the studio in town.
Thursday afternoon/evening arrival to Monday morning departure for only $150-200 sliding scale fee. Needs-based scholarships available, just ask and I’ll work with you.
(Accommodation/Transport/Meals: costs separate.)
- Work-in-Progress: long form prose such as novels, memoirs, and collections of short stories or essays
- 24-hour access to communal writing studio in the village of Madrid, NM
- Intimate group of four writers plus facilitator
- Opportunities to share/read work to other writers on retreat
- Opportunities to explore local area in afternoons, alone or with others
- Hosted by award-winning novelist, editor, and publisher, Sarah Leamy, MFA
TWO SPOTS LEFT! Apply via www.sarahleamy.com